Connect now using the IP play.minersrealm.net:

chatColor Suggestion (From lela_null)

Started by Zxyr

From lela_null:

"Can we use chatColor as a plugin?

Information: http://lano-project.org/minecraft.php

Download: lano-project.org/download/plugin-chatColors.zip

(and before, the server link on the page does not lead to an active server so it is not advortising)"

By Zxyr, over 3 years ago

I'm not really sure if this is needed. There is an essentials color kit which would produce the same thing.
By dwilson5817, over 3 years ago x 1

While we don't necessarily need this plugin I think it's cleaner than using the kit version.

• The kit is an item that people tend to lose, and it has a cooldown; the plugin is just in chat
  • The essentials kit does not reset its formatting between all codes; for example it will say &lBold &uUnderline (the bold in the kit carries over onto underline, etc. It's messy while Lela's is clean and organized a bit better)
  • The essentials kit does not show how to use both color and formatting, while Lela's plugin does

By Zxyr, over 3 years ago

I heavily favor it because you can see the colors as you type, and that is where it is usually needed.

Also the points Zxyr pointed out.

By lela_null, over 3 years ago

Alright, would it be possible for you to post it at Spigot; I prefer to keep all downloads for the server from Spigot so I am notified of an update.

By dwilson5817, over 3 years ago

Here you go :D
I also added commandLock if you want it.

Thanks, I'll get this implemented when I get home. One thing I would suggest is, you've added the resource version to the title, and you've used camelCase but project names usually have an upper case starting letter.

I have no idea what I am doing! :D (does more) It will likely never need an update though. Tries pro-tips next time.

You can update the resource name :P

Plugin is installed.
Marking as resolved and locking.

By Zxyr, over 2 years ago